Sudah pernah minum kopi di Blue Romance? :)
Tujuan Blue Romance adalah menjadi coffeeshop tempat dimana semua orang menolak untuk pulang. Selain kopi hangat, makanan dan kue yang enak, dinding penuh potongan inspirasi dan cerita, rak berisi buku-buku tua serta hiasan-hiasan di sudut-sudutnya, Blue Romance punya playlist yang sesuai dengan atmosfernya.
Maka dari itu, sebagai penulis Blue Romance, saya bocorin dikit daftar lagu yang selalu saya dengar saat proses penulisan. Kita bagi per-chapternya ya :)
RAINY SATURDAY (pagi hari)
* Sidney Bechet -Si Tu Vois Ma Mere (OST. Midnight in Paris)
* Foo Fighters feat. Norah Jones -Virginia Moon (dari album “In Your Honor” milik Foo Fighters)
* John Mayer -Split Screen Sadness (dari album ”Heavier Things” milik John Mayer)
* Jamie Scott & The Town -When Will I See Your Face Again (dari album “Park Bench Theories” milik Jamie Scott & The Town)
1997-2002 (sore hari)
* Harry Connick Jr. -A Wink & A Smile (OST. Sleepless in Seattle)
* Julie Delpy -An Ocean Apart (OST. Before Sunset)
* Sheila on 7 -Kita (dari album “Sheila on 7” milik Sheila on 7)
BLUE MOON (malam hingga dini hari)
* Nat “King” Cole -Stardust (OST. Sleepless in Seattle)
* Cagnet -Tiny Tale (OST. Long Vacation)
* Nina Simone -Just in Time (dari album “The Tomato Collection” milik Nina Simone)
* Ella Fitzgerald -Blue Moon
A FAREWELL TO A DREAM (senja)
* Oasis -Songbird (dari album “Heathen Chemistry” milik Oasis)
* Coldplay -Yellow (dari album “Parachutes” milik Coldplay)
* John Mayer -Back To You (dari album “Room For Squares” milik John Mayer)
* My Bloody Valentine -Sometimes (OST. Lost In Translation)
HAPPY DAYS (senja)
* Damien Rice -The Blowers Daughters (OST. Closer)
* Tommib -Squarepusher (OST. Lost In Translation)
* John Mayer -Tracing (lagu yang tidak dirilis John Mayer)
* Snow Patrol -You Could Be Happy (dari album “Eyes Open” milik Snow Patrol)
THE COFFEE & CREAM BOOK CLUB (dini hari dan pagi hari)
* Seabear -I Sing I Swim (OST. The Science of Sleep)
* lagu yang gue pelajari pas gue les Piano waktu SD, judulnya “Tidur”. Liriknya lupa, tapi gue inget nadanya.
* The Jesus & Mary Chain -Just Like Honey (OST. Lost in Translation / dari album “Psycho Candy”)
* Oasis -Stop Crying Your Heart Out (dari album “Heathen Chemistry” milik Oasis)
A TALE ABOUT ONE DAY (senja hingga malam hari)* New York Philharmonic Orchestra -Embraceable You (OST-Manhattan)
* New York Philharmonic Orchestra -Love is Here to Stay (OST. Manhattan)
* John Mayer -In Your Atmosphere ( dari album “Where The Light Is :John Mayer Live in L.A ” milik John Mayer)
* Snow Patrol -This Isn’t Everything You Are (dari album “Fallen Empires” milik Snow Patrol)
* Close To You -OST. Long Vacation (instrumental)
Begitulah playlistnya :) Selamat mendengarkan. Mari reguk kopinya bersama-sama.
I feel the same anxiety all over again. Paranoid, lack of sleep, stress out, and somehow delusional.
I don’t know which part is wrong, or even seems right. Sometimes I feel everything’s wrong. I try to write my heart out, try to talk with these characters, and some times I just don’t know where the story is heading now.
I want the readers to feel the cinema of mind by reading my future book. I want people say that this book is worth reading. I want people to feel that my writings are worth-reading-for piece of work.
Sometimes, I feel that my confidence, optimism and sagacity just fly away, and I don’t know when they will come back. This feeling is worse than having your heart broken from a failed relationship. No confidence, no optimism, no sagacity.It’s like having an unannounced failure ahead. We just wait for the confirmation.
God, I sound like one big fat easy-to-give-up wench.
I want these bad feelings to go away, and let confidence,optimism and sagacity embrace me. My editors are nice people, and they trusted me. Isn’t it bad to think that trust could be such a big burden upon your head?
I feel grateful in a way, since I felt these feelings, it means that this writing process means a whole lot more than I thought it could be. But I don’t want to let these bad feelings lingering on my mind, trying to eat me up like a wild lion meets his prey.
They chose me, and I felt great. I don’t want to make them feel bad by hiring me as the writer.
Is it my first work? Yes, it is. I only got a short-story in a magazine once, and there’s no magazine anymore until right now that have an interest with my stories. And now, I got a publisher. Am I happy? God, you can’t imagine how I turned to a happy child when I read their e-mail.
I want to keep that happiness alive, and I’m on my way to make it alive again. It’s just these bad feelings, God, it is such a vicious cycle.
I’m halfway through to revised every stories in this book. I’ll do my best. :)
It’s a dark night out there, but somehow I feel like I’m going to explode in happiness.
I just finished the final draft of my soon-to-be-published book. It has been revised. I hope I could see the cover very soon.
I feel relieved that the draft that I’ve been working on with my editor, is now ready to be ‘locked’. Like a cake, we need to bake it. :)
I believe that I’ve worked hard for this book. And what I miss the most is eventually the rewriting part.
I love editing and examining every words that my editor marked to be fixed. My editor is really an awesome woman. She knows where should I fix things up and knows which one that needs to be just like it is supposed to be.
I really love the process. When an idea strikes into your head, you will let it grow in your head ey? That’s what I like about this process. That’s what I like about writing.
I was wondering, what will I do after this?
Now I have an answer. I want to write more.
Okay, hold on a minute.
Why I’m writing this right now? Cause actually, I believe everyone’s get hurt. Wounded. In pain.
Sometimes we just don’t know how to figure it out.
Me? I write.
I might be one of the laziest person you’ve ever met, but I always try to write, or at least thinking about what I want to write later.
Some special moods that hit me to write a lot like I’m being possessed of something are: when I just watch a very good movie or read a very good book, and when I feel so lonely. Just like what David Nicholls wrote in ‘One Day’, Emma said: I’m not lonely, I’m alone. I could see the difference between lonely and alone. Loneliness is pathetic, alone is beautiful.
Sometimes I feel so lonely, and that’s when the ache comes.
I believe that ache is a beauty when it inspires you: to write, read, draw, or either just having fun and live the life to the fullest.
Ache, personally, makes me wonder “why me?”. “What if it happens to someone else? To a character that I could relate into? How will she or he cope with that?
Ache might brings you endless pain, hurtful memories, and screws you up. No matter what kind of ache it could be: family problems, boyfriend, problems with friends, self-problems about how you deal with everything etc. But we always have the second choice: to get hurt forever and nothing’s change, or to get up and go, change things around you and yourself.
When I miss my childhood and I feel like I want to get back to the age of 6,I feel the ache. Then, I write a story about a character that miss his father so much. Simple, but it fulfills me.
Ache hurts. But ache could be your best friend. It’s just the matter of how you see it and take the changes to embrace the sadness to become your own happiness.
Hello everyone! :)
My book will be published in Bahasa Indonesia (hopefully) this year. I certainly can’t wait til it comes. I was wondering “is it really what Nick Miller really feels when he published his first book,” Isn’t It Pretty To Think So?”. (more info, check http://nickmiller.tumblr.com/)
My book title would be buried in secrets til the day I could officially promote my book, after the draft has been edited, furnished, polished and covered with love to all of the ones who will read it.
The story is really simple, but I wrote it zealously with all my heart and I tried to pour my heart out onto it when I wrote it.
Since I’m going to dealing with words the next few weeks, I need a medium to get practice with. My job (yes, I call it as a job, so I could feel so enthusiastic about it), is to be a storyteller. So, I hope I could tell you, or show you a lot of stories from me or the other side of me (read: the fictionalize characters inside my head that will speak to you).
For hints, I have a special interest with how strangers could meet and one single encounter could change their points of view about what really matters, what doesn’t really matter and now it comes to be a thing that matters. You know what I mean?
My name is Sheva. Nice to meet you all. Now, let me be your storyteller.